Art Class Schedules
All Classes Require a Registration Fee: $45.00 for new students
- Drawing and Painting with Susanne Forestieri.
- Saturday 10:00-11:00
- Age 5-8 Years
- Spring Program
- January 9-May 14th (18 weeks) *off for Spring Break*
- 10:00-11:am Saturdays
- $324 Tuition, $35 Materials
- Curriculum: I chose “imaginary creatures” as this semester’s theme because of children’s natural love of fantasy. As they acquire the skills to bring these imaginary creatures to life they will gain enormous satisfaction and confidence.
Middle childhood is said to begin around 5 or 6 and is a time of great creativity and ambition. The brain is at its peak for learning – organized yet elastic. It’s a good time to be exposed to as many areas of knowledge and skill (e.g. art, music, dance, etc.) as possible. This series
of classes is designed to offer the children opportunities to explore different media (e.g. markers, oil pastel, watercolor, graphite and tempera paint) in order to expand their minds, acquire fine motor skills and strengthen the link between their eye and hand.
- Drawing II with Roberto Rico
- Monday 4:00-5:00pm Age 6-10
- Monday 5:00-6:00 pm Age 11-16
- Spring Program
- January 4- May 9 $324 for 18 weeks *off for Spring Break* (pro-rated if not attending all classes) plus $35 materials
- Students will concentrate on pencil and colored pencil skills. We will learn pencil line and fluidity through different drawing exercises, different techniques for different subjects by using all basis of drawing, crosshatching, pointillism, shape, form, volume, light and dark, shading, texture, symmetry, then we will learn about perspective, contour and volume.